JOB DESCRIPTION - OFFICE EXECUTIVE
I. Organizational Relationship
Administrative Reporting to: Office Manager
II. Statement of the Job:
As a law firm that is ranked Band 1 by Chambers and Partners and Tier 1 by The Legal 500, and the winner of the Qatar Law Firm of the Year 2017, and Technology, Media and Telecommunications Team of the Year 2019 by the Qatar Business Law Forum, Sultan Al-Abdulla & Partners (“SAP”) now is seeking to grow its team with the addition of a knowledgeable and skilled Bilingual Office Executive to be seated at the Front Office with strong experience in handling administrative duties. The successful candidate will need to ensure a professional and pleasant outlook is upheld at all times to reflect the positive image of SAP to its internal and external contacts.
III. Job Responsibilities:
Specific duties will vary considerably according to specific needs of the role and/or SAP. These include but are not limited to:
a. Receive and greet visitors to SAP; direct visitors to appropriate meeting rooms.
b. Operate switchboard; answer and appropriately route all incoming calls; write messages and ensure their delivery to appropriate staff.
c. Provide a high level of customer service at all times; project and maintain a positive image.
d. Provide general information regarding SAP functions and respond to routine inquiries or complaints by internal and external contacts.
e. Liaise with office support to maintain stationary stock levels and place stationary orders; allocate stationary costs by department.
f. Book all business related travel including flights and accommodation; raise the travel purchase orders, maintain travel cost schedules and produce accrual journal at the end of each month.
g. Refer non-routine, sensitive and/or complex requests for information and other inquiries or complaints to appropriate staff.
h. Prepare mail for courier delivery as requested and organize couriers; ensure the delivery of courier receipts to appropriate staff.
i. Responsible for daily maintenance of meeting room schedules; diligent organization of meeting rooms for staff and arranging catering as request.
j. Perform tasks as assigned by Office Manager; provide a high level of client service at all times; project and maintain a positive image.
k. Liaise with clients and other staff as directed.
l. Organise and manage Office Manager’s, Partners and Legal Staff schedules, review schedules on a daily basis, make and confirm appointments on their behalf, if needed, and keep them informed of daily agenda. Reschedule as requested.
m. Liaise with Admin / IT / Accounts staff as needed.
n. Take dictation from Office Manager as requested, perform typing and preparation of documentation as required.
o. Compose and type letters, memos, correspondence and reports as requested.
p. Maintain and update files, as requested, to deal efficiently with paper flow and organisation and storage of paper work, documents and computer-based information.
q. Perform other work related tasks as required.
IV. Other Accountabilities:
• Liaison with internal contacts within SAP and external contacts.
• Working conditions are normal for an office environment.
• Candidate may be required to work after regular business hours.
V. Job Competencies:
• University degree or Advance Secretarial Diploma equivalent to 2 years Associate Degree.
• Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in a similar role.
• Experience in a professional services company or department is essential.
• High speed typing is required. Minimum of 40-50 words per minute.
• Working knowledge of MS Office and databases.
• Sound knowledge of office procedures.
• Working knowledge of record-keeping techniques.
Skills and Abilities
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and Arabic.
• Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to build rapport at all levels.
• Good problem solving and decision-making skills.
• Ability to work independently and effectively as part of a team.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times.
• Ability to effectively manage schedules at senior level.
• Patient, team-player, accurate (detail oriented), reliable, responsible, loyal and punctual.
• Ability to exhibit professionalism and trustworthiness.
• Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently.