Duties & Responsibilities
- Interview new clients and meet with existing clients to render legal advice.
- Perform legal research to determine how the facts of a case interact with current law.
- Perform case research by taking depositions, attending site inspections, and engaging in discovery, the exchange of information pertinent to a case from both parties to the action.
- Argue motions and attend other pretrial court appearances before a judge.
- Draft legal documents including pleadings, discovery, motions, briefs, contracts, and wills.
Skills & Competencies
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills: Many cases are won or lost based on written submissions to the court before a lawyer ever appears in front of a judge. Strong oral skills are required for court appearances.
- Analytical skills: It’s crucial to determine if a case is winnable from the start and advise clients accordingly.
- Empathy and compassion: Clients are coming to you because they have a problem they need you to sort out. Rarely are you meeting them at the best times of their lives.
- Honesty and trustworthiness: Lawyers must also follow strict ethical guidelines and client confidentiality rules.
At Sultan Al-Abdulla & Partners, we are always interested to hear from talented, motivated professionals. If you are interested in pursuing a rewarding career with us and yet did not find a suitable position; we will be glad to receive your speculative application here.